Real Milk Paint Dark Raw Tung Oil
INSTANTLY ADD DEPTH TO YOUR GRAIN FOR AN AGED-ANTIQUE FINISH
The same as Real Milk Paint's Pure Tung Oil except that there is an added a non-toxic naturally occurring resinous hydrocarbon for color. The resin is non-carcinogenic and does not contain any PCB’s. Dark Raw Tung Oil by The Real Milk Paint Co. is water and alkali resistant. It resists marring, penetrates well, elastic and unlikely to check. Dark Raw Tung Oil builds quickly, consolidates the wood surface and builds a dark matte wood finish. It should be kept in an airtight container with minimum air space.
It’s so sticky it actually pulls cracks together as it dries. I put one coat on a wooden lemon reamer that’s splitting and the crack is definitely closing. Thanks so much for tracking down this product.
- Naturally polymerizing wood finish
- Cures by oxidation not evaporation
- Does not form a glossy finish no matter the number of coats
- Form a flexible water proof finish
- Resists abrasion and acids
- Does not blister and peel (properly applied)
- Does not mold like linseed oil
- Long shelf life
- Does not darken with time like linseed oil
- Concentrated (thin one to one, doubles the coverage)
- Combined with “Citrus Solvent” makes an all-natural wood finish
- FDA approved for food contact
- Does not go rancid
- 7 to 10 days partial cure, 15 to 30 days full cure
- 8 oz. covers 25 sq. feet
- 16 oz. covers 50 sq. feet
This is coverage for the oil only and not diluted with Citrus Solvent.